The Whites

The Whites

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Meaning of Christmas





It's Christmas time at our house

and we are putting up the tree.
I wish I could find one simple

way.
to remember Christ's gift to me.


Some little sign or symbol
to show friends stopping by.
The little baby was born one day.

But he really came to die.



Some symbol of His nail pierced hands.
the blood He shed for you & me...

What if I hung a simple nail
upon my Christmas tree?


A crimson bow tied 'round a nail
as His blood flowed down so free

to save each person from thier sins
and redeem us for all eternity.


I know it was His love for us
that held Him to that tree,
but when I see this simple nail
I know He died for me




We really like this poem we recieved it from someone and it had a nail with a ribbon tied around it so we hung it on our tree we know what the true meaning of christmas is and we are really going to try and focus on what the true meaning is this year something that we have forgot in the past.

7 comments:

kelley said...

I like this poem too, my visiting teachers gave it to me framed with a nail to hang on the tree many years ago. I set it out every Christmas.

Patty said...

Nice poem. It makes you stop and think about the important things of Christmas time and life.

Rachel said...

I like this poem. I've never heard it before.

Jamie said...

I love this! I'm glad to see how happy you guys are and that you're remembering the true meaning of Christmas.

Leslie said...

What a wonderful poem and a great idea for a gift.

Anonymous said...

Love the poem, Hope you are all doing well and that you have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

All the Best
Aunt Mar & Uncle Chad

Anonymous said...

I got one too!