The Whites

The Whites

Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas


It's Christmas time at our house
and we are putting up the tree.
I wish I could find one simple way
to remember Christ's gift to me.
Some little sign or symbol
to show friends stopping by.
The little baby was born one day,
But he really came to die.
Some symbol of his ail pierced hands,
the blood he shed for you & me...
What if I hung a simple nail
upon my Christmas tree?
A crimson bow tied round the nail
as his blood flowed dow so free
to save each person from their sin
and redeem us for all etenity.
I know it was his love for us
That held him to that tree,
but whe I see this simple nail
Iknow he died for me...
The night before Jesus came
Twas the night before Jesus came and all thru the house.
not a person was praying, not one in the house.
The bible was left on the self without care,
for no one thought Jesus would come there.
The children were dressing to crawl into bed,
not once kneeling or bowing a head.
And mom in her rocker with babe in her lap,
was watching the late show while I took a nap.
When out of theast there rose such a clatter,
I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
to ope the shutters and lift up the sash!
When what to my wondering eye's should appear,
but angels proclaiming that Jesus was here!
The light on his face made me cover my head.
It was Jesus returning, just as he said.
And though I possessed wordly wisdom and wealth,
I cried when I ssaw him in spite of myself.
In the book of life which he held in his hand
was written the name of every saved man,
He spoke not a word as he searched for my name,
When he said, "Its's not here" my head hung in shame.
The people whose names had been written with love,
He gathered to take to his father above.
With those who were ready he rose without sound,
while all of the rest were left to stand around.
I fell to my knees, But it was to late,
I had waited to long and thus sealed my fate.
I stood ad I cried as they rose out of sight,
oh, If only I had known that this was the night.
In the words of this poem the meaning is clear,
the comig of Jesus is now drawing near.
There's only one life and when comes the last call!
We'll find the scriptures were true after all.


6 comments:

kelley said...

love the poems. Our family had a custom for many years. We had a wrapped box that we put under the tree and opened first on Christmas Eve. It was a little poem that reminded us that Christ was the greatest gift of all. Thanks for reminding me why we celebrate Christmas. Have a good one.

Anonymous said...

Good post Tanya. Over the years I seem to get more and more about the birth of Christ. What a wonderful gift our Father in Heaven has given us.

cad said...

Thanks for the reminders of what Christmas is all about. I hope you guys are doing well and that you have a very Merry Christmas! Let me know if you need an invite to my blog. Aunt Carol

Mike and Audrey said...

It's always good to think about Christ during Christmas time! Thank you for posting those poems. Merry Christmas!

shaniel said...

Ditto to the above(s). Merry Christmas!!

Ellen said...

Loved the pictures of the family. They are all growing so much. Thanks for the poems that let us know what we should really be focusing on at Christmas. The Saviour coming to give us the Greatest Gift of All, that of Eternal Life. Love you all. Have A wonderful New Year!!!! Grandma