The Whites

The Whites

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Grocery Savings

I went grocery shopping today. I thought I would try the tips I got from the grocery smarts class Shaniel invited me too. I got two sunday papers last week to get the coupons and use them when things go on sale. Im still not really good at when to use the coupons yet. But Im sure I'll get it eventually.
This is a picture of what I bought.

I bought
9 boxes of cereal (4 frosted flakes, 1 Apple Jacks, 2 honey bunches of oats, Banana crunch cereal)
10 boxes of Pasta Salad
4 cans of broth
2 cans of baked beans
2 Roasts
2 packages of ribs
1 package of fish sticks
1 package of battered fish
2 strudels ( fresh baked)

All this stuff I bought I only paid $72.34. I dont remember what I saved. But I think I did pretty good for my first time. I also got coupons for next visit to Albertsons. I get 3 Gallons of FREE Milk and a coupon for $3.00 off on Post cereal. After my visit to the store I think Im going to keep collecting coupons and keep saving money. It really does work.
Thanks Shaniel for the class you put on.


We hav been working on getting are food storage going. Before I learned about the grocery smarts I bought a lot of food at the caselot sale they had and now we have lot of food stored up.
We bought alot of vegetables, ketchup, beans, honey, mac n cheese, noodles and just alot of other stuff. I took some pictures of are food storage. The pictures are of just the canned food the rest of the stuff is put in are cupboards.






8 comments:

KT said...

I'm inspired!!! I didn't get my paper this week, but i'm really excited to get started with this Grocery Smarts thing. I think we should all get together every so often and share coupons we aren't going to use.

Congrats on the big savings!

Jamie said...

WoW! Great job!

I used to do good at the coupon clipping and price matching, but I haven't been doing it lately. I need to get back on it.

Nat said...

Wow! Way to go! I still haven't gotten my Sunday papers, but I can't wait to try them out!

Rachel said...

Good Job! I think you did a great job on saving. Your food storage is looking great. Mine isn't even as half as full as yours is! I need to work on it. Way to Go!

Patty said...

I'm glad you are working on your food storage. Good job on the savings.

shaniel said...

Yay Tanya!! Im so glad someone is using the info... Isn't it a great feeling to save?? Good job on you shopping trip and food storage. Keep me updated and thanks for coming!

cad said...

The food storage shelves look great! Way to go!

Ellen said...

Good job Tanya. I"m proud of you. your storage looks great. Keep up the Good Work! Love Y'all